A clear and consistent behaviour system which supports every member of the school community to feel valued and respected underpins a safe and secure environment where effective learning can take place and children can thrive. These values are also central to our school vision statement:
- To ensure children are able to maximise their learning in a safe and secure environment.
- To ensure a consistent approach to behaviour throughout the whole school day.
- To support staff in their management of good behaviour.
- To develop independent learning behaviours, where children take responsibility for their own progress.
- To support children to behave in a socially appropriate way.
- To ensure that families are central in the management of their child’s behaviour.
The Habits of Mind
The Habits of Mind are embedded across the school and are used to support good behaviour for learning. They are shared and discussed with children regularly through class discussion and assemblies. The five Habits identified to directly support good behaviour are:
- Managing Impulsivity
- Listening with Empathy and Understanding
- Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision
- Taking Responsible Risks